• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cartoons that kick ass Serious @$$

#106 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:42 PM

I remember Jem.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#107 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:58 AM

Teen Titans? Great cartoon? blink.gif Talk about strange taste...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#108 User is offline   darth_paul Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Comics, Sci-Fi, Games, Religion (Christianity & Catholicism), Politics (Republcan) - although I tend to stay away from discussing those last two since they often get me into trouble that I'd rather not deal with unless I am pushed, which then I'll push back until I get disgusted and give up. Other than that I can pretty much get along with anyone ;)

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Sep 12 2006, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Teen Titans? Great cartoon? blink.gif Talk about strange taste...

At least I didn't say Krypto the Superdog! laugh.gif

#109 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:33 PM

Teen Titans

Oh. My. God. I actually associate with a... err... three people who think TT is a good cartoon.

Two of them are the same idiots who don't get The Joker.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#110 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:48 PM

I don't think anyone posted this yet, but I've always been fond of Voltron! And does anyone remember the show Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors? That there Neon Genesis Evangelion was pretty good, as well as FLCL. Speaking of which, are there more than just six episodes of FLCL? I got three DVD's of FLCL a while ago and I was wondering how would I go about getting more DVD's if such things exist for this series...

#111 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Otal Nimrodi @ Sep 12 2006, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh. My. God. I actually associate with a... err... three people who think TT is a good cartoon.

Two of them are the same idiots who don't get The Joker.

What do you mean they "don't get" the Joker? What's there to get? He's a white, green haired psychopath with sadist tendencies. What's so difficult to get about that?
I am the Fisher King.

#112 User is offline   darth_paul Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Comics, Sci-Fi, Games, Religion (Christianity &amp; Catholicism), Politics (Republcan) - although I tend to stay away from discussing those last two since they often get me into trouble that I'd rather not deal with unless I am pushed, which then I'll push back until I get disgusted and give up. Other than that I can pretty much get along with anyone ;)

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:52 PM

1.) What's so wrong with TT, sure it was originally aimed at a much younger audience than the rest of the DC toons such as Batman, Superman and JLA, but recently it has matured somewhat into JLA territory with more sophisticated episodes, plus just like JLA there are cameos galore full of refreshing takes on many obscure characters that fans just love to see.

2.) Votron and Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors are both awesome cartoons! Anyone remember Centurions?

#113 User is offline   EwokHunter Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:51 PM

New or old TMNT?

#114 User is offline   darth_paul Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Comics, Sci-Fi, Games, Religion (Christianity &amp; Catholicism), Politics (Republcan) - although I tend to stay away from discussing those last two since they often get me into trouble that I'd rather not deal with unless I am pushed, which then I'll push back until I get disgusted and give up. Other than that I can pretty much get along with anyone ;)

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:19 AM

Having grown up on the old show and comics and loved all of it, I would have to say that I prefer the original version, but the new version isn't half bad either. TMNT is cool no matter how it's done. There's always that unique blend of seriousness mixed with the absurd that doesn't take itself too seriously which is what makes it so great. It was all orignally a parody of other super-heroes to begin with in its inception and parody is always a good thing.

#115 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:55 PM

I remember The Centurions. Power Extreme!!! Yep, those silly action figures and all. Here's a show that I remember that came on Nickelodeon around 91-92, and it was called Noozles. It had a brother and sister koala and this girl that came and visited them. It was almost like the anime' "My neighbor Totoro"

#116 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 16 September 2006 - 09:56 AM

I don’t know if this ones already been said, but I’m not going to bother to check either.

Anamaiacs

I really miss that show. sad.gif

#117 User is offline   Jaded Wolf Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:40 PM

Anime is crap. I really do not like the fact that anime is all there is on TV today. They even invaded GI JOE with that Sigma 6 crap. Get back to the basics. Voltron, GI JOE, Transformers, He-Man, Thundercats, and the Animaniacs were the cartoons of the day. Voltron is an example of good Japanese animation. I have no idea where it all went wrong from there. The only cartoon I watch nowadays are The Batman (though not as good as Batman: TAS) and TMNT. All others suck.
"And shepherds we shall be for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti!!!"

#118 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ Sep 16 2006, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don’t know if this ones already been said, but I’m not going to bother to check either.

Anamaiacs

I really miss that show. sad.gif

Never liked Anamaniacs to be honest with you. I was more of a Tiny Toons fan.
I am the Fisher King.

#119 User is offline   Jaded Wolf Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Lord Aquaman @ Nov 29 2006, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never liked Anamaniacs to be honest with you. I was more of a Tiny Toons fan.

I liked Tiny Toons too but I thought it was a kidified version of the Looney Tunes. Animaniacs was more original and the darn show was just zany.
"And shepherds we shall be for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti!!!"

#120 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:53 PM

The only anime that I liked that is recent, is Samurai Champloo. Speaking of Batman: TAS, I was watching a few of those episodes the other night on the DVD. I enjoyed Animaniacs also, moreso than Tiny Toons. Animaniacs would cover a number of genres in a single 30 minute episode. I was especially fond of Slappy Squrrell and her nephew Skippy. I also liked it when Yacko would sing all of the countries of the world! Impressive. That and when they shouted Lake Titticaca about a dozen times in a song...

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic